My Favourite Board Games

Sunday, May 29, 2005

More Star Wars Board Games

Hey! I continued looking for more Star Wars Board Games and found the following:


Star Wars: The Queen's Gambit:
This is not a game you want to play with your kids, unless their IQ is 139 or higher, that is! The game recreates 4 simultaneous battles that took place in Episode I. This is a 2 players game, but the sheer number of pieces and boards gives a hint of the complex nature of the game itself. Check this out. The game comes with the following pieces:

  • 155 Star Wars figures
  • 1 Go First marker
  • 1 3-dimensional Theed Palace
  • 2 Gameboards
  • 4 Reference charts
  • 90 Battlefield cards
  • 90 Palace cards
  • 8 Starfighter cards
  • 16 Dice
  • 18 Life markers
  • Instructions

You may certainly need the Force, and a lot of patience to play this long and complex game. However, if you are a Star Wars fan (and even if you did not like Episode I), you may enjoy this game once you get the hang of it... but I repeat... You'll need some time to get acquiented with the game and its rules.


And do you remember the Star Wars Trivila Pursuit boardgame I discussed in my previous post? Well, guess what? There is now a Trivial Pursuit DVD Star Wars Saga Edition Collector Tin (!!). Just like the previous version, you get to show your knowledge of the Force and Lucas' films, whilst enjoying the interactivity of the DVD that accompanies the game.
(I definetely want one for my personal collection! So, if you feel generous, send me one!).

Meanwhile, I'll keep looking for more of these wonderful games and keep you posted!


Yours in Fun,


Jeff

...And May The Force Be With You!



=*= =*= =*=

Imagine... Doing what you love best... your hobbie... your interests... your expertise... your passion... your obsession... for fun and profit! Click here to see how some ordinary folks have done it... and how you can too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
This Blog is Listed with Blogarama!